Healthcare service providers are facing great challenges in providing a cost effective service within tight funding allowances
Patient records management has been highlighted by the government as a key area in which healthcare service providers must become more efficient in the reduction of waiting times and administration costs.
Records are a valuable resource because of the information that they contain. That information is only usable if it is correctly recorded in the first place, is regularly updated, and is easily accessible when it is needed.
Information is essential to the delivery of high quality evidence-based health care on a day-to-day basis and an effective records management service ensures that such information is proprerly managed and is available:
- to support patient care and continuity of care
- to support sound administrative and managerial decision making
- as part of the knowledge base for clinical services
- to meet legal requirements, including requests from patients
How can our document management and scanning services help the Healthcare sector?
- Scanning backfiles of patient records into an electronic format
- Implementing multi-site document management solutions
- Patient surveys
- Improving records keeping
- Enabling information sharing between professions and work units
- Allow records to be treated as corporate assets rather than personal data
- Improving co-ordination between paper and electronic information
- Speeding up and tracking information requests